Losing It (Losing It #1) - Cora Carmack

Losing It - Cora Carmack

I"m always at a lot on the first sentence... especially when the main character - Bliss - is SO much like me..

Well, she is like me in the sense that I always find myself embarrassing myself, doing something more clumsy than clumsy, being the most naive person in the group while no one really realizes it.

So Bliss is a virgin. It's not like she never kissed a guy before or made up with one, it's just she never actually had sex with anyone. and at the age of 22 it kinda annoys her. which I totally understand, when I was in the same "spot" (though surprisingly younger) I thought to myself - damn! can't I get get a bold pen and just cross a line over the virginity deal?

When her (IMO annoying!!!) friend Kelsey learns that she's a virgin she decided that Bliss should just go out that very second and find someone to lose her virginity with  - and I'm asking you, if it was THAT simply for her to find someone she could feel comfortable enough to sleep with, wouldn't she have done it already?! So I don't "get" her friend and basically wanted to hang her from a tree or if one not available - from a pole. I'm not picky, ya know?

If I was her friend and if it was THAT important to me that my best friend wouldn't be a virgin (which would have never happened! that's none of my business!) I'd suggest her sleeping with someone she actually knows and feels comfortable with like her best friend Cade. yeah, that's probably wouldn't be such a "brilliant" idea also but it's MUCH better one..

Back to Bliss which should be the main issue here :)

She is a Bliss - for me. because she is so funny, and everything just "happens" to her, and she is SO not in control of her life, or any situation really. She blabs things she doesn't mean, she stumbles and fall and all of those things other people find "so damn cute" (yeah.. other people.. when it's you - you just wanna shoot yourself..)

So going out the night her friend Kelsey finds out she is a virgin actually did get her to meet this incredible guy (even comes packed up with a sexy British accent - what more can you possible ask for?) but naturally it doesn't mean she sleeps with him in the first few chapters of the book.. she does, however, fuck it up big time..

When something like this happens to you, you tell yourself - never mind, what are the odds I'll ever meet her/him again. and then probably the next day you curse and swear - WHY would you possibly say such a stupid thing? because there in front of your eyes would be exactly the person you are trying to avoid..

In Bliss's case, Garrick is be standing in front of the classroom as her new teacher.. WONDERFUL! no. not really. because she obviously still wants him, and he obviously doesn't get what the hell happened that night that made her bolt. and anyhow, it wouldn't be such a good idea to explore all of that considering they are NOT suppose to be dating..

I don't want to write more about the plot. Just that Cade "role" was obvious in my eyes but not in a bad way because I totally "get it" and also because I really like him. Kelsey, on the other hand, is totally unnecessary in my eyes - not a good friend in any means.. (I hope I'll get to like her on the 3rd book :D).

I really enjoyed this book. it was fun and funny, lots of misunderstandings from Bliss, from Garrick and of course a very happy ending.

I"m giving this one 4.5 stars because I felt that it was too-young adult for me. It was in a way too sweet and innocent - made me feel like we're in high school more than college.