Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed #2 - Dante and Tess) - Lara Adrian

Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) - Lara Adrian

For me, this book was better then the first one. I admit it's probably because the first book contains a lot of new knowledge about Adrian's world of vampire society, new characters you try to remember "who-is-who" and "what's their deal" so it way less flowing than this one (and naturally you get "stuck" in comparisons to the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward..). I think its good that basically you don't have a lot of warriors in the first book and also in this one, lets you try and get them better before Adrian adds more warriors to the mix.

Dante seemed a really interesting guy from the first book so I really wanted to see how it "goes" for him. On the ending of the first book Dante says to Lucan "better you than me" about finding a breedmate, well, here we are 6 months later and... :)

I like Tess better then I do Gabrielle though she is great too. There is something more interesting and real about her life story, how she lives her life and why, and I think that her connection to Dante though their similar (in a way) life experiences creates a beautiful link. I guess we all run away from something, so it's not "that" special, but for the both of them I see how it makes them understand each other and connect to each other. and why up until now they have been alone - chose to be alone. I hated Ben from almost the very start. what doesn't that guy understand?? how many times does Tess has to tell him "we're finished"... blaaaaa

I really don't want to write spoilers because I hate reading spoilers and especially by mistake. but I loved everything that happened during the book with Dante's vision. I mean how it was viewed and "treated" during the book and the final "resolve". that's all I'm going to say!! :)

The book was really flowing, no annoying staff you really wanted to screen through. I felt everything was relevant and interesting. nothing that felt like "fillings".

The only problem I have with this book, and the series in general (up until know) is the fact that the breedmates tend to leave their world behind them to live with their mate. which is a little mmmm chauvinistic (?) the fact that they can walk in daytime but their warriors doesn't really like it.. I guess for Gabrielle, she can still take photos, but with Tess, its obvious she won't stay a vet in her clinic.. I wonder how the women's part of the story is going to be, not only for Tess but for the other women in the compound.

I'm giving this one 5 stars. and I'd say that it is due to the fact that I liked it better than the first, which I gave 4 stars but also because the series does deserve it even though there is a lot of similarities to the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward. I feel that the "vibe" is different between the two series. they both feel different enough for me to exist one next to the other.